The Drainage Trough Is Gone
I had a busy day today. I did a short appointment, patched the greenhouse, and worked more on the drainage problem. I decided that the trough was too much of a problem to patch. I looked at the situation again and decided to remove the trough and tie together the rear drain, rear gutter, and the front gutter drain with pipe. The trough was bricks laid into a V shape and cemented over to form a sort of drainage trench. One side of it met the house. (It was cracking away from the house, however.) That redirected the water down the side of the house and into the front gutter pipe. That’s the way it was supposed to be working, that is. I decided that it wasn’t too much work to remove it and that pipe would be better. The fact that the bricks were there already made it a bit below ground level; so it wouldn’t be too much digging. I broke up and removed it (about 40 feet) today.
So, I need to go buy some pipe tomorrow. I am deciding what I want to use. I have a pretty good idea of how I want it.
However…. I am increasingly feeling a need to get on the motorcycle, point it a direction, and ride. Just ride. No plans to stop anywhere. No plans to be anywhere. End up where I do and arrive back when I do. And tomorrow is going to be around 90 degrees.
Powered by ScribeFire.