I broke my XMRadio receiver. I was finally getting around to mounting it in the car rather than having it laying by the shifter. I put the mount in, ran the wire over to the fuse block and wired it directly to the fuse block. I wanted it to come on and go off with the car so that I didn’t have to worry about it running the battery down on the really cold nights. I didn’t think to check the actual voltage. I subsequently found out that the cigarette lighter plug on the end actually converts the voltage down to 5 volts. So….. it no longer works.
I had to order another one, but I found one for $20 on ebay.
Powered by ScribeFire.